It’s fall in Minnesota and that means winter is just around the corner. As the leaves and temperature drop, it’s time for a little fall plumbing maintenance. Maintenance that could prevent plumbing problems this winter
1. Disconnecting Your Outdoor Hose Failing to disconnect your outdoor water hose before temps drop below freezing can cause the outside water faucet to freeze and possibly even burst the pipe.
2. Turn Off Outside Water Even if the spigots are closed, there can still be water in the pipe and with a harsh Minnesota winter, that water can still freeze, leading to leaks, drips and even burst pipes. Even a tiny crack can unleash enough water to cause serious damage or flooding.
3. Clean Your Gutters Clogged gutters can’t do their job and remove rainwater and snow melt away from your home unless you have gutter guards. When they are clogged, they can lead to lots of different problems wreaking havoc on your entire house from the roof to the plumbing and the foundation.
4. Drain Your Water Heater Your water heater works harder during winter months. Annual water heater maintenance can help prevent sediment buildup and rust. By draining it in the fall, you’ll help lengthen its life and make sure it’s ready for a long winter ahead.
5. Insulate Pipes or Upgrade Both interior and exterior pipes can be susceptible to freezing in the winter. Make sure they are all properly insulated. Insulating your plumbing could prevent burst pipes once temps dip below freezing. If you have old plumbing you might want to consider, cross-linked polyethylene (PEX), a type of flexible plastic, which is currently replacing traditional copper and galvanized steel as water supply lines in both new construction and remodeling projects.
Fall Plumbing Maintenance is crucial for your peace of mind.
Simple plumbing maintenance is designed to keep your home’s plumbing system working its best through the winter to potentially save you time and money later. A simple mistake, like leaving your water hose connected or failing to insulate exposed pipes could lead to frozen, cracked or even burst pipes this winter. Completing your fall plumbing maintenance can help prevent these issues in the long run.
Take Advantage of our Specials… $99 OFF Water Heater Installation, FREE ESTIMATES on Heating/Cooling, $99 ANY DRAIN CLEANING! Main Sewer Lines, Bathtub, Kitchen Sink, Showers, Laundry Drain, Toilets, Bathroom Sink & more!
Other Specials… $55 OFF Plumbing, Includes: Faucets, Toilets, Garbage Disposals, Sump Pumps, Hose Spigot’s, Frozen Lines, Leaks, Pumps, Valves etc… $75 Special on Unclogging Toilets.
New and existing customers can take advantage of our latest coupons! Mention corresponding coupons from this ad. Call us and Schedule an appointment (651) 204-9196